don’t just support a charity because someone told you to. do your own research and choose how you wanna support the cause. on the other hand, don’t oppose a charity because of one article. do your research and check the facts. sure, non-profit orgs can be flawed— but the overall cause is what is important. we can sit around and stand for nothing, or we can stand for something and help to change the world we live in. the difference starts with YOU.
here is an article on why you take a second look at the KONY campaign:
here is an counter-article to that one:
i know a lot of people are mad at the hype, but hype is not always a bad thing. yes, these hipster/hypebeasts are all getting mad excited and posting it on everyone’s walls… and of course there are people hitting them with questions and debates while they can’t defend themselves. this is why you should get educated on anything you support. don’t just do it— just ‘cuz. in this case, at least how i see it, the hype is good because it will be questioned and the people who gave into the hype will have to do their research in order to rightfully stand for the cause, therefore being educated.
stand for what you believe in and stand proud.
but of course, to stand proud you must know the facts.
what Invisible represents is important, and the way the video reeled you in to what they represented for 30 minutes was genius. of course it was played to the Social Media world. the goal of the video was to present the idea and to spread it. they succeeded.
there are people complaining on Facebook/twitter/etc that there are plenty of injustices around the world not being paid attention to. of course there are— because nobody knows about them. it’s a sad truth but there’s a way to spread the word. if you are passionate about a cause, then do something about it! Invisible took that step and took over social media to do it.
i started a movement called Music Speaks in 2009. i had found out my nephew had Autism and i had no idea what that meant. so i did my research and studied Autism and the brain and how it works. i want people to know more about it so we as a people can understand it better. i spread awareness through the power of music, and that is my main goal. i do it every year with different events, and i’m proud to stand for something like that. every year there are more people who know about Autism through the event, and that is what is important.
anyway, i hope you don’t take this as an attack or anything like that. ‘hype’ and all that has been something i don’t fully understand— trust me, i get attacked for being popular and hyped up all the time. people see me as “too pop” and shit like that, but they don’t take a second look into my musicianship and love for the art of music.
support the #KONY2012 campaign by educating yourself about the cause, and know that millions stand with you and your battle against evil. your heart is in the right place and is heading in the right direction. it’s up to YOU to keep heading there.]
with all this said, i wanted to show my support for Invisible and say that i am joining the fight to Stop Kony.
couldn’t have said it better myself! my thoughts exactly. remember that there will always be negative people who will hate on good things, bad things, lovely things- just everything, but you don’t have to engage with their negativity.♥ educate yourselves and do what you think is best to help. and use this campaign as an eye-opening experience to recognize that there are so many issues around the world that goes unheard. do something to make whichever problem, whether it is this one or something else you feel strongly for make known so that more people recognize the problem and work to solve it. kony campaign is incredible, in which such unity and care of people around the world coming together in hopes of solving a problem has never been seen before. remember that your care is contagious and that you can make your voice heard. engaging with negativity will only bring out more negatives, so instead of arguing about kony, find your own way to make a positive impact in this movement.
- megmegmeggers likes this
- thuylovebot likes this
- mymumthinksimspecial reblogged this from leafarja
- tiatoldme likes this
- chellestation reblogged this from leafarja
- demilizasayshellow reblogged this from leafarja
- demilizasayshellow likes this
- d4rthm4ul reblogged this from leafarja
- sarcysykes reblogged this from leafarja
- livininalonleyworld likes this
- ajrafaelphilippines reblogged this from leafarja
- mallorylee12 likes this
- totsuka-is-dead reblogged this from leafarja
- yuumegari reblogged this from damnn-unf-son
- mychunguk likes this
- peitience reblogged this from leafarja
- x3kiia reblogged this from leafarja
- x3kiia likes this
- volano-scintille likes this
- kkatiebugg reblogged this from makecarecontagious
- kayla-jdr likes this
- jamisterifly likes this
- makecarecontagious reblogged this from leafarja and added:
- itsvidallyoh reblogged this from leafarja
- thesungodfree reblogged this from leafarja
- bboykukismonstah reblogged this from leafarja
- daveminlee reblogged this from leafarja and added:
- daveminlee likes this
- redrenaline reblogged this from leafarja
- dearskittles likes this
- retrorhetoric likes this
- etearambles reblogged this from leafarja
- back-to-505 likes this
- bphan likes this
- scnana reblogged this from leafarja
- niknaks likes this
- theechristiansantiago reblogged this from leafarja
- archmarlon likes this
- pseudonymx likes this
- seemyselfwalkingaway likes this
- willyvernia reblogged this from leafarja
- kuyanamaneh reblogged this from leafarja
- kuyanamaneh likes this
- vincybt reblogged this from greeniedee
- justclarence likes this
- whenyousaymoo reblogged this from leafarja
- behbiichibal reblogged this from leafarja and added:
- kiddkane likes this
- butterfelicity likes this
- limestah likes this